Skills Subjects and Other Information
Extensive experience in writing/editing biomedical publications & pharmaceutical regulatory documents, English & German
Skills & Services
- Broad background in science (chemistry, pharmacology (PhD)) and applied linguistics (translation studies)
- Languages: complete fluency in German and English, fluency in Dutch and Swedish and a reading knowledge of several other Western European languages
Medical writing services:
- Articles for publication
- Clinical study reports (ICH)
- Nonclinical reports
- Clinical and preclinical summary documents
- Other clinical trial/regulatory affairs documents
- Meeting reports
Experience and qualifications:
- EMWA Certificate in Medical Writing (2004; subject area: Pharmaceutical)
- Freelance medical writer since 1999
- Six years in biomedical publishing
- Three years as part-time university lecturer (translation studies) and freelance biomedical translator
- Four-year degree in translation studies (English, Swedish, Dutch (Diplomuebersetzer); University of Heidelberg, Germany)
- PhD in pharmacology (University of Basle, Switzerland)
- Four-year degree in chemistry (Diplomchemiker) and further training in biochemistry, microbiology and cell biology (University of Basle, Switzerland)
- Endocrinology and metabolism
- Cardiovascular disease
- Clinical pharmacology
- Preclinical pharmacology/Animal studies
- Industrial toxicology
With a background in chemistry, pharmacology (PhD) and translation studies and six years in biomedical publishing, I started my second freelance career as a biomedical translator in 1997, successfully venturing into medical writing in 1999 and completing the EMWA Certificate in Medical Writing in 2004.
My writing experience includes producing Clinical Study Reports according to ICH guidelines/Sponsor SOPs, other types of regulatory documents (e.g. Patient Information Leaflets), research articles and meeting reports.
Raised bilingually in German and English, I am completely fluent in both. I also speak Dutch and Swedish. I have a keen eye for detail, pay particular attention to wording, syntax and style and think in terms of text function and target audience.
I am committed to high standards of quality, timely delivery and customer satisfaction.