Skills Subjects and Other Information
Scientific writer and editor with nearly 20 years of experience in diverse settings
Skills & Services
I am a writer and editor with nearly 20 years of experience in medical and scientific research in the pharmaceutical industry, health-related non-governmental organisations, and science publications. I am a native speaker of English, with a keen appreciation of precision, nuance, and clarity, and I am fully conversant with ICH guidelines and guidance for medical publication. My services include
• Drafting of initial documents
• Full development of documents, including revisions
• Rewriting to incorporate reviewers' recommendations
Editing and reviewing:
• Substantive editing and content critique
• Copyediting and proofreading
• Editing for non-native speakers of English
• Technical editing and quality control
• Writing support for manuscript authors
• “Content consultancy” – evaluating appropriateness for a given audience
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your specific needs: should I be unable to meet them, I offer referrals to colleagues in a variety of research-related fields.
I prepare documents in English only.
I am familiar with most major therapeutic areas, with particular expertise in autoimmune and inflammatory disease, rheumatology, neurology and neurodegenerative disease, infectious disease (including HIV/AIDS), gastroenterology, endocrinology and metabolism, reproductive health and infertility, and oncology.
Although my focus has been in medical writing, I learn new material quickly and I am comfortable writing about most scientific topics. I specialise in adapting documents to particular audiences, from experts to laypeople.
My experience includes preparing and reviewing documents for clinical research (protocols, consent forms, investigator’s brochures and manuals of operations), regulatory dossiers (clinical study reports, clinical summaries and overviews, briefing books, and responses to health authority questions), manuscripts for publication, conference materials, and presentations of health and scientific information to the general public. This list is not exhaustive: please feel free to ask me about other kinds of documents. I welcome new challenges.
" target="_blank">i have a reputation for commitment to excellence, high scientific and ethical standards, and clear communication with my colleagues and clients. feedback has included:
• “annette is my absolute standard of reference.”
• “she is the best writer i’ve ever worked with.”
• “annette dubois is what a science writer should be.”
more information about my background and services can be found on my website and in my linkedin profile (http://ch.linkedin.com/pub/annette-dubois/50/749/507/).