Skills Subjects and Other Information
I am an English to Portuguese Medical Translator and Writer based in Portugal.
With 15 years of experience, I work with Life Sciences companies, Contract Research Organizations, Language Service Providers, and Medical Communication agencies.
I have experience translating and writing content for clinical trials, medical devices, regulatory submissions, education and marketing campaigns, and scientific publications.
Skills & Services
AS A MEDICAL TRANSLATOR, I:
• Facilitate communication with Contract Research Organizations, sponsors, sites, investigators, and participants by providing specialized translations of clinical trial materials.
• Help ensure that your device or product is used as intended by producing translations that are compliant with industry standards and regulations.
• Support your efforts to inform Portuguese-speaking patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals by delivering texts adapted to your audience.
AS A MEDICAL WRITER, I:
• Enable knowledge transfer to key target audiences by generating content that engages, instructs, and presents scientific evidence in a truly informative and visually impactful way.?
• Help improve patient engagement and involvement in clinical research and healthcare decision-making by producing complex scientific and medical information in plain language.
• Facilitate clear communication and understanding as a way to improve patients’ quality of life, increase health literacy, and fight misinformation.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU WORK WITH ME:
• Competence and Expertise
I offer you the expertise you need to produce texts that are technically accurate and adapted to your target audience, whether you are addressing healthcare professionals, patients, or the general population.
• In-house Experience
My background as an in-house translator at the Nursing School of Coimbra and the Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra gives me the knowledge to manage complex content.
• Reliability, Flexibility, and Responsiveness
I deliver high-quality content on time. I ensure prompt communication and ask for clarification whenever necessary to make sure that you achieve your intended outcome.
• Continuing Professional Development
I keep up with new therapeutic areas, concepts, and terminology by constantly improving my scientific knowledge, as well as my writing and project management skills.
I am not restricted to a set of subjects and I can handle multiple topics, particularly:
• Cardiovascular Diseases
• Infectious Diseases
• Patient-reported outcomes
• Public Health
Active member of:
• APMW (Portuguese Association of Medical Writers)
• DIA (Drug Information Association)
• ISPOR (Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research)
• ISOQOL (International Society for Quality of Life Research)
• APTRAD (Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters)
• ATA (American Translators Association)
• MET (Mediterranean Editors and Translators)
• TREMÉDICA (International Association of Translators and Editors in Medicine and Applied Sciences)